Hello, my name is Mike Lorenz. I'm a high school art teacher in St.Louis, Missouri. When my twin boys were born a number of years ago, I painted a mural on the walls of their nursery. Friends and family liked it, and soon asked me to do work for them. As word of mouth spread, painting blossomed into a small side business for me. I've set up this site to showcase projects that I've done, and to give people who are interested in having a mural painted a way see what I can do. If you're looking to have a mural or some other sort of wall art painted in your home and you like what you see, please contact me. My prices are very reasonable, and the subject matter is only limited by your imagination. Thanks for looking.
- Mike Lorenz
314-686-9138 (cell)
crz53@yahoo.com

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back to the Jungle


I painted a nursery for the same couple that commissioned the polka dots. They wanted a mural based on their crib bedding to cover one wall of the room. The whole thing measured approximately 11"x 5". The elephant, lion, and crocodile were taken from the bedding, while the monkeys were based on a similar room I had painted before with almost identical bedding. The animals and plants were arranged so that the baby's name could be added to the middle of the wall after he was born.


No comments:

Post a Comment